Here comes winter! Is your skin ready?
Whether your winter means going from 70 degrees to 20 degrees or 90 degrees to 70 degrees, any change in climate will have an impact on your skin. Here are a few ideas to ensure your skin stays hydrated and maintains that youthful glow.
- Say NO to HOT showers! (This should be all year round). Heat will dehydrate your skin and can damage the lipid layer of your skin which works to keep the skin moist, leaving it dry and cracking.
- Circulate! Try to add some facial massage movements into your moisturizing routine to ensure good circulation. The best time to moisturize is shortly after cleansing when your pores are still slightly open allowing your moisturizer to really get in there. Lightly pat your face dry using a towel and then apply your moisturizer in a circular motion.
- Don’t forget your hands! A great idea is to put your moisturizer next to your hand wash as a nice reminder to keep hydrating one of the most important parts of your body. From being exposed to colder weather and constantly washing your hands, the winter can be extra tough on your hands.
- Got Water? Eat less dehydrating foods and make sure to drink more water! When at the holiday parties this season make sure that you drink an equal amount of water as you have alcohol. Eating sugar desserts and snacks is also dehydrating, so try to drink some more water than you are typically used to in order to ensure you are hydrated, which has a large impact on your skin.
- Add Hyaluronic Acid to Your Routine. As we get older, the collagen in our skin begins to decline leaving the appearance of wrinkles and a loss of elasticity. Using products, such as VLB Revitalizing Face Cream, that contain Hyaluronic Acid attracts moisture to the skin and will help improve your collagen levels, giving your skin a smoother, younger look.
So, are you ready for the colder winter months? Let us know what your favorite products are to use during the winter to maintain beautiful, glowing skin!