After winding down from the holiday craze, not to mention everyone’s ongoing busy schedules, sometimes we forget to make time to really connect with our family and friends. Let’s face it, a long week of work and obligations can be very draining. And at that point, who’s really in the mood to go out and be social? As part of my New Year’s resolutions, I’ve decided to focus on incorporating the following five activities into my life in order to keep my relationships going strong. Maybe you’ll try them too?!
- Netflix & Chill – One of my favorite things to do with my loved ones is to have a movie night. This is a great way to spend time together, but that doesn’t require a lot of energy or planning. Picking a true crowd pleaser isn’t always easy, so when taking turns doesn’t seem to do the trick, we’ll often resort to drawing straws. At least picking out our favorite snacks is always easy, and then everyone ends up happy and relaxed.
- The Brunch Bunch – It’s no wonder why brunch has become the thing to do on the weekends here in VictoriaLand. With great food, never ending mimosas (our fav!) and some quality gossip time, this is a great way to fit in some much-needed laughs and to forget about our super busy lives. Whether you choose to go more upscale and try a new restaurant each month, or make it more casual by hosting it at someone’s house, this is a great way to spend fun time with family and friends.
- Games for Not-So-Horrible People – Who doesn’t love a great game night full of laughs and new memories? If it’s a family affair, keep things PG with games like Charades or Pictionary. Or, if it’s an adults-only evening, go ahead and spice things up with games like this adult version of Pictionary or another popular favorite, Cards Against Humanity.
- Fitness Partners-in-Crime – If you are someone who loves to hit the gym and stay active, why not invite some of your friends or family to tag along? If the gym’s not everyone’s cup of tea, then mix it up by trying different workout classes like boot camp, cross fit, or even take things to the next level with pole fitness classes like these.
- Take It Outside – If you get a bit bored with the gym, ask a friend or two to head out for a lengthy hike, or even hit a nearby bike trail. This is a great way to catch up with each other, while also enjoying your local outdoor surroundings in ways you may have not explored them before.
Each month take the time to pause and make simple plans with the ones you love the most. Staying connected is what will give us the greatest joy — and more importantly, the most laughs! And isn’t that an essential part of a healthy life?!