As I’m on the phone while working on my computer, the doorbell rings and it’s the UPS man. The dog starts barking and I only have 10 minutes before I have to leave to pick up my kids up from school. I can hear a scream coming from the top of my head yelling, help!!! But is wasn’t in my head it was definitely out loud! I had hit that breaking point, the point of burn out. As much as I eat right and exercise regularly, the juggling of family, work, and overall life catches up with me and I lose my cool. Can you feel me?
So, in my quest for balance, here are some tips that I discovered:
- Relax with meditation or have an all-out dance off. Whichever you are in the mood for, both can release some serious stress.
- Do something outside of work that you are passionate about. Paint, a new gym class, or volunteering.
- Delegate. Ask for help. Yes, we are all busy, but people actually do like to give each other hand when they can. You will never know unless you ask.
- Sleep more than 6 hours per night. Sleep can actually improve your memory and we all know it does wonders for our skin!
- Get organized. Instead of worrying that you’ll forget to do something, jot it down. Plus, the satisfaction you will get when you cross it off.. right?!!!
- Choose wisely. If you’re in a situation where you feel obligated to do something, consider if this will add additional stress or unnecessary pressure and feel free to say no without the guilt.
What works for you? Sharing means caring. We are conducting a poll asking all of our VictoriaLand Beauty BFFs to share how you handle burnout. Click on our Instagram post and comment with your best advice. We’d love to hear from you!