What are the benefits of using facial oils? Do facial oils work for all skin types? Check out today’s post for a rundown on everything you need to know about facial oils.
What are facial oils?
A facial oil is a special skincare solution that is specifically designed to work with our skin’s natural oils to help keep the skin balanced.
Do Facial Oils Work For All Skin Types?
Yes! Contrary to popular belief, facial oils work for all skin types. There are facial oils for dry, combination, and oily skin. However, certain skin types may benefit more from particular oils. Commonly used facial oils include:
- Argan oil is a plant-based oil derived from the kernels of Argan trees with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits for the skin.
- CBD oil is a plant-based oil that protects the skin from free radicals to prevent the signs of premature aging.
- Jojoba oil is a plant-based oil that is derived from Simmondsia Chinensis plant. Jojoba oil is commonly used in cleansing and moisturizing products for acne, eczema, and psoriasis-prone skin.
- Rosehip Seed oil is a pressed, plant-based oil derived from wild rose bushes found in the southern Andes. Rosehip Seed Oil helps reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and fine lines.
- Squalane oil is a plant-derived alternative to squalene that provides hydration.
What are the Benefits of Facial Oils?
- Facial Oils help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while simultaneously adding a brighter, more radiant appearance to the skin
- Facial Oils protect and strengthen the skin’s natural barrier to fight the signs of premature aging
- Facial Oils add an intense boost of hydration to dehydrated skin. These oils are capable of penetrating deeper levels of skin than a moisturizer alone.
How to apply facial oils?
First, dispense 3-4 drops of oil in the palm of your hand. Then, gently massage the facial oily into freshly cleansed skin on the face, neck, or decolletage in the morning or evening.
Want to experience even more skin-loving benefits? Try using a jade roller to further work the oil into the skin. Facial rollers are known to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and relieve stress.
Want to add facial oils to your routine, but don’t have the time to add extra steps to your skincare routine? Mix your favorite facial oil and moisturizer together. Then, apply liberally to the skin for an added boost of hydration.
Always remember, facial oils should be applied in conjunction with or after applying moisturizers. Oil can penetrate moisturizers, while a moisturizer cannot penetrate a face oil.
Try Victorialand Beauty’s Revitalizing Facial Oil
Try Victorialand Beauty’s ultra-luxurious Skin-Loving Elixir. Formulated with rosehip oil, this rich moisturizer will leave the skin looking firmer and more radiant. New customers receive 20% off with the code TryUs20. Head over to the shop page to learn more.