Summer is finally here! You know what that means?! Vacation time, baby! This year, I have planned a vacation getaway for the entire family. As exciting as I am about the trip, I do dread the packing. As a mom of four, you can imagine that this is no easy task. The packing process can seem like it takes as long as the trip itself! However, along the years I’ve gathered a few tips that have saved my family and I a lot of frustration and time.
- Make a List – With all of the things we have going on in our daily lives, it’s best to make a list a couple of weeks before the trip. That way, if there’s anything you still need to purchase before your vacation, you will have plenty of time to get it. It’s the surefire way of not leaving anything behind. I have my family layout what they want to bring on the vacation at least 2 or 3 weeks before we leave. This allows us to assess what we are missing as well as eliminate bringing too many items.
- Pack Several Days in Advance – Have you tried packing the day before the trip!? Then you know as well as I do, how chaotic that can be with everyone running frantically to get organized. When you start packing a little at a time, it won’t be so overwhelming.
- Organize – A friend of mine introduced me to packing cubes, and I have never looked back. They allow for you to separate items in your luggage or weekender in an organized fashion. Your clothes are compressed with the option to have them folded flat or rolled, saving you a lot of space to either bring more or to fill up with purchases from the trip. I personally prefer the cubes with mesh components so my clothes are visible. Once you’re settled in, you don’t have to shuffle through your luggage to look for that gorgeous red dress you swore you packed. I do also have a few plastic ones for my skincare and other beauty products. Another added bonus to the cubes is that you can move them directly into your hotel’s dresser drawers. Place them in the drawers, unzip, and voila! Quick, easy, and organized! How great is that?!
- Keep Your Toiletries Separate – A lot of people pack their skincare and other toiletries in zip lock bags. I have mine in my mini packing cube, which keeps my beauty products from spilling on any of my other items. Of course, don’t forget to pack our VictoriaLand Beauty Skin-Loving Minis. All of your favorite VLB treatments in travel-friendly sizes.
**Bonus tip for those who are feeling extra organized.
- Take a pic – Another friend of mine (I do have the best friends) takes a picture of the outfits she plans on wearing on the trip before she packs. It is another great way to ensure you are not overpacking or missing anything necessary. From the earrings down to the shoes, she has different ensemble options to choose from in her camera roll. She swears this saves her a ton of time when she is getting ready.
Have any summertime travel plans? I would love to hear what packing tips work for you. Hopefully the VictoriaLand Beauty Skin-Loving Minis are a part of the mix. Remember to share the love and post on your Instagram Story tagging @victorialandbeauty.