Every year around this time I can’t help but get a little sentimental. Not that being a mom doesn’t bring a tear of joy (and sometimes sorrow) to my eye on a daily basis, however celebrating Mother’s Day forces me to really think about what motherhood means to me. The VictoriaLand group of friends is a melting pot of all sorts of mothers; biological mothers, single mothers, stepmothers, adoptive mothers, grandmothers, and on Mother’s Day we celebrate each and every one of them. I think motherhood unites us in an unbreakable bond that only need be acknowledged by a simple nod of understanding when passing a screaming child in a supermarket or watching a college-bound child receive a final kiss goodbye.
To me, motherhood is:
- 1. A never-ending adventure with many bumps along the way, but worth every minute.
- 2. Knowing when to talk, and when to listen.
- 3. Exhausting but, oh, so fulfilling.
- 4. Complete and utter sacrifice.
- 5. The best kind of love; unconditional & selfless.
What does motherhood mean to you? Let us know by sharing your stories on our Facebook page.
Have a wonderful Mother’s Day! Xo Victoria